Podcast: EP 39 Personality Isn’t Permanent with Dr. Ben Hardy
Have you ever wondered if you can’t change?
I am bringing back one of my earliest podcast guests for a second episode because he just wrote a new book and it is so good. If you remember Episode 4 about willpower, you’ll know that Benjamin Hardy is someone worth listening to.
Dr. Benjamin Hardy is an organizational psychologist and bestselling author of Willpower Doesn’t Work and Personality Isn’t Permanent.
His blogs have been read by over 100 million people and are featured on Harvard Business Review, New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, CNBC, Cheddar, and many others. He is a regular contributor to Inc. and Psychology Today and from 2015-2018, he was the #1 writer in the world on Medium.com.
“A person’s view of their own future is the strongest indicator of who they are.”
- What motivated Ben to write a book about personality (3:20)
- Whether there is value in personality tests (9:14)
- Myths versus truths about our personalities (14:53)
- The power of choice and how it works with our personality (21:36)
- Why what you say yes to makes such a difference (29:30)
- How to become someone that you currently aren’t (35:20)
- Why hope is essential for change (42:40)
links mentioned in this episode:
- The Color Code
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- Cal Newport’s So Good They Can’t Ignore You
- Dan Gilbert’s The Psychology of Your Future Self TED talk
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- Dan Sullivan’s The Strategic Coach
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean the world to me to see your feedback through a rating and review on Apple Podcasts!