Without our health, it’s hard to focus on anything else.
I met today’s guest at a good friend’s event, and it has been a joy to get to know her since. She appears like a super success from the outside, but when you hear her authentic story, you’ll understand what it’s taken for her to create her current life and business.
Rachel says “using a functional approach and focusing on the health of the gut microbiome saved [her] life. All disease begins and ends in the gut, so rather than putting a ‘band-aid’ over an issue I.e. medications/drugs/surgery, we need to get to the root cause and that’s what functional medicine comes in. My gut issues came from a bacteria imbalance or gut dysbiosis, and once I was able to address that through diet, stress, supplements, and lifestyle changes I was able to heal my body, avoid surgery, and come off dozens of medications I was put on over the years.”
“I’m going to be the one who’s going to have to fight for myself if I want to truly heal.”
- How to develop a growth mindset if you weren’t raised with one (3:15)
- Why you don’t have to be the best in your field in order to help people in a big way (8:45)
- Rachel’s story of healing her gut through functional medicine and an honest look at her life (12:00)
- The connection between your gut health and your mood (21:20)
- Rachel’s top tips for taking care of your gut on a daily basis (26:25)
- The 3 key areas of optimal health (30:17)
links mentioned in this episode
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean the world to me to see your feedback through a rating and review on Apple Podcasts!