This conversation is a treasure trove.
This may be the most heart-opening episode I’ve posted to date on the podcast. It’s with one of my favorite authors and teachers. Mark Nepo is someone who I’ve looked up to and learned from for years, and it was an honor to have this conversation with him.
With over a million copies sold, Mark Nepo has moved and inspired readers and seekers all over the world with his #1 New York Times bestseller The Book of Awakening. Beloved as a poet, teacher, and storyteller, Mark has been called “one of the finest spiritual guides of our time,” “a consummate storyteller,” and “an eloquent spiritual teacher.” His work is widely accessible and used by many and his books have been translated into more than twenty languages. A bestselling author, he has published twenty-two books and recorded fifteen audio projects.
In this conversation, Mark shares his wisdom about grief, loss, and fear, and joy, love, and contribution. It is rich with gems, and you will be well fed after listening.
“Often our dreams don’t come true, but when we give our all and work toward them, sometimes we come true, and that’s more important.”
- How Mark learned to handle fear through living with cancer (2:50)
- What a miracle actually is (5:50)
- The wisdom of a broken open heart (11:23)
- The power of symbols in our lives (22:45)
- What not getting what we want teaches us (24:20)
- How to use grieving as a process of preparation for what we have (33:02)
- A new way to think of hustling and putting your work out into the world (42:15)
links mentioned in this episode
Three books for your heart and nightstand —1. Mark’s classic, New York Times bestseller celebrating its 20th Anniversary (and on Oprah’s all time favorite things list), The Book of Awakening. Click here to purchase.2. One of my all time favorites, The One Life We’re Given book, led me to the Redwoods forest to participate in an intimate retreat with Mark in a season of heartache for me and it was truly healing and life changing — you’ll hear about it on the show. Click here to purchase.3. The Book of Soul — his new book launching today!!! Click here to purchase. I’ve gotten a sneak peak at this gem and SOUL is right!
- Tu Fu
- Wayne Muller’s Sabbath
- 1440 Multiversity
- Sofia Institute Workshop with Mark
- Mark is offering a beautiful webinar series coming up in June focused on these life teachings — I will be joining this 3 part series. Join me? Click here
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean the world to me to see your feedback through a rating and review on Apple Podcasts!