Health is wealth. So let’s talk about it.
Of all the success habits we talk about on the show, the one that sits at the top of my list is health. I invited my friend Brooke on the show to share some of the best tips that she has taught me about taking care of our bodies and our minds. It makes such a huge difference in all areas of life, and I know you’ll feel empowered by her insights on how to do this.
Here’s Brooke’s story in her own words: “I spent 20+ years in the gym setting teaching classes from MMA style workouts to vinyasa flow. I received my degree in kinesiology from SDSU in 2002 and pursued my love of movement, working in top gyms in San Diego and LA. During that time I decided to take my studies into medicine, receiving my BSN from Mt St Mary’s in 2005, and going on to become an ICU RN. After 10 years I felt my heart calling me back to WELLNESS. I respect medicine and those who work in it, but in reality it didn’t align with my philosophy on health and how to truly keep one out of the hospital. I came full circle back into health. Since 2015 I’ve been building a massive wellness business based off premium quality supplements that address root healing. Gut health, insulin resistance, and inflammation are at the core of almost all health issues and symptoms that have you feeling tired, overweight, under motivated, and sick. That’s where I focus by combining a customized supplementation system, simple lifestyle and food modifications, and mindset support.“
In this episode, Brooke shares the powerful story of transforming her own relationship to her health, as well as her best tips to maintaining the 5 key pillars of health in your own life.
“Health is wealth.”
- The difference between Brooke’s early career in health and where she is now (4:00)
- Why gut health and supplements are so effective and important (13:00)
- How to think of health as the foundation for success in all your dreams (15:50)
- A tip for making water a pillar of your health (17:50)
- Why daily movement can save your life (21:40)
- How to make sleep one of your strongest pillars of health (28:14)
- Simple ways to boost your nutrition (33:14)
- Why your self-talk and mindset about your body is an essential pillar of health (44:36)
- The story behind Brooke’s annual event Align (50:40)
links mentioned in this episode
- Worthfull Studios
- Align Event – use code TIFF for $50 off your ticket
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean the world to me to see your feedback through a rating and review on Apple Podcasts!