If you’re looking for guidance around unmet expectations, here it is.
I am so excited to share this honest, empowering, insightful conversation with my dear sister friend Christine Hassler. Christine and I met years ago through our work, and it is such a gift every time I talk with her.
Christine Hassler is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, master coach, and podcast host who is committed to guiding people and organizations into their highest potential. She left her successful job as a Hollywood agent at 25 to pursue a life she could be passionate about . . . but it did not come easily. After being inspired by her own unexpected challenges and experiences, she realized her journey was indeed her destination.
Today, she supports individuals in answering the questions: “Who Am I, What do I want, and How do I get it?” Christine is a master coach who combines life coaching with the principles of spiritual psychology. She is passionate about supporting people out of suffering and limitation and into fulfillment.
This conversation is about relationships, self-compassion, letting go of “personal development arrogance” and so much more. I took several notes for myself from it and I hope you do too.
The first law of spirit is acceptance.
- Why challenges in your life don’t mean you are off course (1:45)
- How to let go of personal development arrogance (8:20)
- The best way to better your partner and your relationship (11:30)
- How unmet expectations are always the trigger for disappointment (18:53)
- How to shift out of an expectation hangover (23:09)
- What is underneath the need to feel significant (31:10)
- The difference between mastering and practicing a skill (36:05)
- How to respond with love when we are triggered (39:13)
- What compassion really means (40:20)
- The purpose of loneliness (45:00)
All expectation hangovers give you an opportunity to heal.
links mentioned in this episode
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean the world to me to see your feedback through a rating and review on Apple Podcasts!