How about progress over perfection?
It’s a new year and a new season of the show and I have a lot of creative energy flowing. I also am thinking of what I’ve learned about the power of focusing on making progress instead of focusing on perfection in achieving goals. It’s one of the most helpful shifts I’ve made in my life and I know it can be for you too.
In this episode, I share a story from my own life in the past year and how I have learned to focus on progress over perfection in my fitness. I’m also sharing my best tools and tips for setting progress-oriented goals because those are the ones that help us grow.
“Choice is the highest level of the human experience.”
- Why it’s so important to let yourself dream (5:30)
- How to set goals based on progress, not perfection (7:50)
- A story from my own life about overcoming perfectionism (10:05)
- How to focus on a progress mindset (15:02)
- The power of proximity to aid progress (20:40)
- The goal setting strategy that lets you set progress-oriented goals (23:10)
links mentioned in this episode
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean the world to me to see your feedback through a rating and review on Apple Podcasts!