What happens when you lose the love of your life?
This is what today’s guest discovered after her husband Richard died suddenly at age 45. She has written so much wisdom on this topic and I love hearing her insight and spirit speak on transformation, grief, and joy.
Kristine Carlson is a New York Times bestselling author, best known for her work with her late husband, Dr. Richard Carlson in the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff series—with over 25 million books sold worldwide. She is a renowned speaker, inspiring podcast host, retreat leader and blogger. Her mission is to help women transform from heartbreak and loss to live their best lives with joy, gratitude, renewed passion and purpose. With her resilient spirit, powerful presence and heart-centered teaching, she guides women through the challenges and transitions of middle life and awakens them to their truth and the expression of their highest selves.
This conversation is about healing, transformation, success, trusting the process, and being open to joy. I hope it speaks to you as much as it spoke to me.
“We have to make the decision to become the hero.”
- The difference between overnight decisions and overnight success (11:20)
- What a major loss can open in us (13:27)
- How to invite healing into our lives (18:15)
- The star mantra that got Kristine through her early grief (23:10)
- How gratitude is related to joy (26:50)
- The keys to transformation along the journey (35:00)